RV'ing North America with Merv and Pam
Sold the home September, 2008. Bought the coach. There is a lot to see of North America and we will see as much as we can over time. Follow our site to get short (and sometimes long) snippets of our life on the road. We will share the good, bad and ugly of RV'ing.
After 6 years traveling North America we decided it was time to settle down again. Bought a log cabin in East Tennessee with about 1.5 acres and surrounded by ageless, deciduous trees. Absolutely a lovely place to be.
Now it's time to sell the Providence to a lucky purchaser who want luxury at an affordable price. See below for all the details.
Check out the Map and Calendar. Looking for the very best RV parks/resorts? See our list of Best of the Best.
- FOR SALE: 2008 Fleetwood Providence 39R
Great Deal ~ Below NADA Low Retail
Interested? Contact us
Original owner, non-smoking, no pets, excellent condition. Gently driven and lovingly cared for.
Features: Full Wall Slide, Outside entertainment center including wet bar, refrigerator and LED TV, New 32" LED TV's front and back, Sleep Number Queen Bed, Splendide Washer/Dryer, KVH In-Motion satellite antenna DirecTV ready.
Maintenance: Maintenance always performed by Freightliner factory Service Center, Freightliner Dealers and/or Cummins Dealers. Complete records.
Tires: Michelin XZA 2 Energy, front new DOT 2016, rear DOT 2013.
Batteries: 2 Alliance Starter NEW 2016, 4 Trojan T105 House NEW 2014.
Extras: Pressure Pro TPMS, Transferable Thousand Trails Platinum Lifetime Membership, Roadmaster Falcon II tow system, Sun Shades front, driver & passenger. Over $4,500 value included in the price.
RV Class: Class A Location: Elizabethton, TN Mileage: 93,000 Fuel Type: DIESEL Gross Vehicle Weight: 31,000 VIN Number: 4UZACJBS98CZ67616 Engine Type: Cummins ISC 360 Sleeping Capacity: 4 Air Conditioners: 2 Awnings: yes Slide Outs: 3 Length: 39' 6" Water Capacity: 88 gal Fuel Capacity: 80 gal Leveling Jacks: yes, auto electric
- By Merv | May 28 | Comments (0)
- Power Gear Electric Jacks: Brake Rebuild Gone Bad
The Providence has Power Gear Electric jacks and worked perfectly for 5 years on the road. The left rear jack became intermittent during our trip to the Canadian Maritimes last year and finally quit completely November 2013 when retracting them at the end of our stay in Navarre, FL. Fortunately, the jack quit in a fully retracted position. This is long but important to learn about many issues from service quality to service options as well as Power Gear Electric Jacks on motorhomes.
The Power Gear system consists of an automatic level controller, 4 all electric jacks with motor and brake. The controller senses the position of the jack full up or full down with a magnet embedded in the jack staff. This is to stop extension at its maximum and stop retraction when full up by applying a brake attached to the motor.
When a jack fails it is most likely (~98% of the time) caused by a bad brake, it gets corroded and finally just locks up. Why corrosion? Because the brake is mounted on the bottom of the motor and covered with a rubber boot. Mounted directly behind the rear wheels, it is subject to all kinds of dirt, debris and WATER when travelling in wet conditions. If the top of the boot is not sealed, it will leak water which eventually corrodes the metal parts in the brake and it locks up. The photo on the right shows the motor (yellow) and brake (black boot over the break at the bottom).
- more ...
- By Merv | Jun 8 2014 | Comments (1)
- Roadmaster FuseMaster: Never pull a fuse again to tow
It replaces the fuse you must pull to tow with a switich. Here are the details: FuseMaster by Roadmaster.
We tow a Sturn Vue and the last procedure is to pull the Ignition Fuse from the passenger side fuse box. Now, no more pulling the fuse. We simply set the switch to "Tow" and we are done.
- By Merv | Nov 21 2012 | Comments (1)
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Drumsticks
Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- more ...
- By Merv | Sep 6 2012 | Comments (0)
- Broiled Salmon in less than 15 minutes
- About 1 pound Atlantic Salmon cut into two pieces. Be sure both pieces are about the same thickness for consistency.
- Olive oil
- Any garlic based spice (I use SusieQ's from Sanata Maria).
- Old Bay Seasoning
- more ...
- By Merv | May 12 2012 | Comments (3)
View Forney RV Travel in a larger map
|[click titles to show/hide details]|
|Where are we going?|
|None on the calendar|
|None on the calendar|
More Recent Entries
- Verizon 4G MiFi Finally Stable in a 3G Area
- I upgraded the 3G MiFi device last August to the 4G model and it was totally unreliable in a 3G…
- By Merv | Feb 16 2012 | Comments (0)
- Carrots, Eggs or Coffee?
- You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again... A young woman went to her mother…
- By Merv | Feb 1 2012 | Comments (0)
- TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!
- Image via Wikipedia First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant. They…
- By Merv | Jan 6 2012 | Comments (0)
Our other sites
- Business Interchange Group
- Real Estate Consulting, Marketing, Blogs, Blogsites & more
- providence in ACTION
- Is a simple example of the implementation of Action Streams. Collecting activity from around the web.
- providence in MOTION
- Motion is a great example of a site where members can participate. Similar in function as Twitter.
Members can specify other applications to include in the Action stream.